Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Train

I missed taking 3 levels of steps to reach the terminal
I missed buying a stored value ticket worth a hundred bucks
I missed inserting the card in the counter
I missed the moments I had with other people while waiting a the platform
I missed rushing to the train when it arrives
I missed the silent times listening to music while looking somewhere else
I missed the moments I remember passing by at every station
The so called Vito Cruz
I missed the rush of people to the door when they arrive at their destinations
I missed EDSA
I missed banana cue merienda times with friends
I missed the crying moments I had at UN
I missed the moments being alone thinking deeply
I missed the life that I had while taking the LRT every afternoon

I almost missed my old self, but this is a start of a new me
A new me that is driven not by selfish thoughts but by God
A new girl that has the strength coming from the Spirit
That will survive every wave of disaster that will come

No comments:

Post a Comment